Monday evening (January 27) we gathered for a final meal together in a place so many have called "home". We laughed (to keep the tears at bay) and shared cherished memories for the last time in G-ma and G-pa M's house. It has been a bittersweet experience to help Bob & Janene pack up and leave the home they love so much, the place that has come to represent stability and love of family in every way.
They decided to "simplify and reduce" and put their house on the market - sort of. The idea that nothing sells in the winter around here meant they were caught off guard a bit when they received a full-price offer (after declining initial offer) just before Christmas. And when the land they were planning to purchase was suddenly tied up by another buyer, Bob & Janene have been sifting and sorting future plans ever since. For now, they are living in LaVerne's place while he remains in St. George a few months longer.
Fortunately, Aaron's foot is on the mend (think washing machine on top of) after helping with the final move on Saturday. He looked pretty snazzy wearing house-slippers and hobbling around at church the next day.| Farewell Pizza Party |
Oh, the stories these walls could tell...
...and the countless meals prepared and served in this powerhouse kitchen...
....the family gatherings, the Sunday dinners, the enlightening conversations, the late night games around the table, the contagious laughter....
| Leaving this place has been harder for them than they expected it to be. |
...the cousin camp-outs, the swimming pool, the boating trips (sold the boat), the horses (of years gone by) & pasture, the "tree-house", the delicious raspberries and beautifully manicured yard/garden...
| FHE treat - Tanner made brownies |
For thirteen years Bob & Janene created a piece of "heaven on earth" for all who have passed through their doors. And they will create this yet again - somewhere else...
...when and where remains to be seen. Stay tuned.

2 comments:
That is how I feel every time your mom and dad move. I am always thinking, "But wait I have so many memories with this amazing family in this house--they can't move." I really went through it when Mom and Dad sold their Blackfoot house where I grew up. You know you can always come to our house for raspberries. A little farther, but we would love it.
Yes. They have even shared their hospitality and home with us. They are great people. I'm sure they will continue to create great memories. Best wishes to them in their new adventures. I even feel sad!
Post a Comment