...when the soccer season is in full swing.
Fortunately, I enjoy watching Jantzen's team play - they are an impressive bunch. It's amazing how the tempo of the game has increased as their skills have improved from year to year.
The traveling - not so much. It's a new experience for us as this is Jantzen's first year on a traveling team (though he has had the same coach for a few seasons). When his current coach made the decision to switch to the travel league option, Jantzen (#3) tried out and made the team.
We really like Jantzen's coach and appreciate his balanced approach to the
sport (aka - he has a life outside of soccer - and so do the boys).
It's also that time of the year when the programs, field-trips and concerts are in full swing.
Anna attended the Mountain Man Rendezvous recently where she learned from "fur-trappers" what life was like many years ago. And they made cool stuff, too.
She also participated in the 4th grade Idaho History Program where students taught us about the Lewis & Clark expedition through a musical skit. Afterwards, they introduced us to "all things Idaho History related" as they prepared displays and posters and made cool teepees.
The next day...
I was too busy assisting with Field Day at the elementary school all morning to think about taking pictures of the girls until lunch time when the rest of the parents arrived to eat with their students.
Quinn was all about the free chocolate milk and playing with his buddies.
The forecast predicted awesome weather but it was questionable throughout the day.
Anna's teacher, Mrs. G., was still brave enough to 'take the plunge".
As were a good number of the 4th graders who have anticipated this 'rite of passage' for years.
The Dunk Tank.
They let siblings "do the dirty work" and Quinn didn't mind helping out one bit.
He made sure Anna experienced the COLD water!
Elsie preferred to watch from the sidelines...
...with one of her favorite little friends, Saylor.
After finishing up at the elementary school, I drove over to the middle school...
...to attend the 5th grade Learning Fair. Parents walked through various displays and asked students questions about their research. I learned about Amelia Earhart, Bruce Lee, Steve Jobs, Clara Barton and many other historical figures.
Each student selected an individual from the past who has made a difference in society. Jantzen researched and presented information about Manute Bol, a former NBA player from Sudan involved in charitable work for his country.
Manute Bol stood tall at 7'7" - next to Leonardo da Vinci (Kaden).
The evening Beach Party for Anna's class was moved indoors (weather) but we still roasted hot dogs and marshmallows outside the school. And came home smelling like campfire.
There was dancing, dinner, SnoShack and s'mores.
The kids were happy.
| Anna & Lillian |
![]() |
| Megan, Symphony, Haley, Aubrey, Brinley, Shaunae |
Earlier in the week, some of us attended the high school orchestra concert (for Tanner) on Tuesday and the junior high school orchestra concert (for Brinley) on Thursday. Along with the beautiful classical music, I loved hearing the music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Frozen".
It was most likely Tanner's final orchestra concert (besides upcoming performances in CA) I'll be able to attend. In working out his class schedule for the next school year, there was not enough "room" to fit everything else in. It's been a rewarding opportunity for him to rub shoulders with so many talented musicians. We're proud of his efforts to take up the cello on his own. Not once have I had to ask him to practice. How awesome is that?
On Saturday, Aaron returned home from being out of town all week in time to hear Brinley play at a studio recital in the community room at the public library.
It was a beautiful performance - her "magic fingers" flew across the fingerboard.
Later, she and Tanner attended the adult session of Stake Conference with us - a new directive from the First Presidency to help us "hasten the work".
Shifting gears (no pun intended), Quinn and I scored a new bike helmet while exploring the 1st annual health fair in our community. I also restocked my kids' toothpaste supply. Nice.
I love these comfy pants.
They were hand-me-downs from my neighbor's DI bag nearly 10 years ago.
They've been the best work pants ever. Until the holes could no longer endure.
I have been mocked about wearing these gems but took no heed. Alas, the pants are no more.
They served me well. Good-bye dear pants. And thank you for enduring so many projects with me.








1 comment:
Sorry about the pants. I would have mended them for you. All those activities you do in a week's time are amazing. Wish I were there to attend some of them with you. I'd love to see your talented children perform--my talented grandchildren that is!
Post a Comment