Look who chopped her hair!
After discovering her brothers were going for haircuts, Elsie pleaded and begged to tag along.
She has been wanting short hair again for some time. No more ponytails for this girl for awhile.
It was a slow week in the picture department but definitely not in the activity department.
Anna and Elsie qualified to attend the Pacers Field-trip to Squealer's Fun Park after racking up over 50 miles of running during recess. Considering they can't run during the winter months, they did a fantastic job. The girls especially enjoyed riding the go-carts, scaling a climbing wall, jumping in the bouncy house, putting around with miniature golf and crashing the bumper boats.
| Krissy, Aaron, Anna, Kenli, Ronda |
Anna's teacher really packs it in during the final days of school. Nice that Aaron was in town and able to ride with Anna during her much anticipated "Bike Hike". He also joined Jantzen for lunch during a D.A.R.E. graduation party at Fat Cats earlier in the week. Jantzen finished up the school year with a read-a-thon, a field day, a talent show and a bouncy house activity.
Elsie's class took their one and only field-trip of the year to the zoo - and she was thrilled!
It seemed that there was a party going on every day of the week for a while:).
Elsie was thrilled Aaron was in town for "Donuts with Dad Day".
They played a few games, ate donuts and laughed a lot together.
This first grade year has been refreshing for Elsie.
She has really excelled with Mrs. Gentile at the head of the classroom.
![]() |
| Abigail, Elsie, Saylor, ?, Aislyn, Zaylee |
It seemed that there was a party going on every day of the week for a while:).
Elsie was thrilled Aaron was in town for "Donuts with Dad Day".
They played a few games, ate donuts and laughed a lot together.
This first grade year has been refreshing for Elsie.
She has really excelled with Mrs. Gentile at the head of the classroom.
| Back: Anna, Lillian (hiding), Bryant, Bonnie - Front: Quinn, Bennett, Elsie |
During Memorial weekend Aaron drove the four younger children to Utah for a soccer tournament. I stayed home with Tanner and Brinley as they had other commitments. It worked well that the venues were close to Bonnie & Bryant's house (free beds) so the cousins had a little fun together.
| Rainy weather made it hard to get decent pictures. |
Jantzen's team played all three games incredibly well - the best of the season.
| Jantzen - talking to teammate #14 (Brock) |
Aaron reported that the intensity of the games was a little startling at times.
Jantzen's team is comprised of such an outstanding group of boys - with calm parents - so it was a new experience for them to play against an "over-the-top-parents" kind of team.
The rest of the weekend was spent working in the mammoth-sized yard and putting in the garden. Too bad I accidentally nicked the black tubing running water to the trees in our side bed - the mantis tiller took on a life of its own for a few minutes. We have yet to get back on that repair project - so the kids have been hand watering - I hope!
I planted a few flowers.
Actually, this constitutes two full flats!
I knew it would hardly make a dent in terms of coverage so I opted to plant along the corner front bed to add a little color to the front yard. Plus, I knew they would get water from the lawn sprinklers' over-spray. It'll look pretty when the flowers start to spread and fill in.
The end of the school year always brings an abundance of party-time.
I think I'm looking forward to the slower days of summer.
Jantzen's team is comprised of such an outstanding group of boys - with calm parents - so it was a new experience for them to play against an "over-the-top-parents" kind of team.
The rest of the weekend was spent working in the mammoth-sized yard and putting in the garden. Too bad I accidentally nicked the black tubing running water to the trees in our side bed - the mantis tiller took on a life of its own for a few minutes. We have yet to get back on that repair project - so the kids have been hand watering - I hope!
I planted a few flowers.
Actually, this constitutes two full flats!
I knew it would hardly make a dent in terms of coverage so I opted to plant along the corner front bed to add a little color to the front yard. Plus, I knew they would get water from the lawn sprinklers' over-spray. It'll look pretty when the flowers start to spread and fill in.
The end of the school year always brings an abundance of party-time.
I think I'm looking forward to the slower days of summer.


1 comment:
Wow! I am amazed as usual. The trip sounds fun!
Post a Comment