It's hard to believe another year has passed by so quickly.
Some days I still think we're in our 20's - ha!
Some days I still think we're in our 20's - ha!
Because I am watching the family budget like a hawk these days, we didn't make any plans for our anniversary this year. Mostly, I was looking forward to using a Costa Vida coupon for our dinner/date night together. That all changed when I picked up a text late Friday afternoon (4:30pm). Aaron found a screaming deal on a room that opened up in W. Yellowstone for the night. He wondered if I thought it at all possible to get away.
Knowing of the various soccer games (Jantzen/Anna), splits with the missionaries (Tanner) play-dates (Quinn, Elsie, Brinley) and other activities already underway with the kids, I knew the stars would have to align to pull it off. Okay, so it was a minor work-out getting everything figured out but G-ma Janene came through for us in a big way! Thank you Janene!
By 6:15pm, Aaron and I were on our way - kid-free for 18 hours.
I really was excited about eating at Costa Vida....until we saw the crazy long lines.
Upon Chris & Julia's
recommendation, we continued north and decided to check out a new
out-of-the-way place that specializes in sushi and steak. Interesting combination but it works. Aaron enjoyed the ribs and I ventured out for the Asian fare. We chatted with the owner for a bit - he makes everything from scratch. He is a young guy from China - his wife and daughter are still living in China. Although I didn't ask, my guess is that he gave himself the name of Adam which would be so Chinese-y of him. As a token of thanks (and because we are related to Chris who has helped his business via online marketing), Adam brought us out a plate of his speciality - Dragon Sushi. Delicious!
And the leftovers made for a yummy breakfast, too.
![]() |
| chicken teriyaki bento box with sushi |
After a lovely dinner, Aaron and I continued on our way to Yellowstone - arriving after 9pm.
We really didn't have much time away but our uninterrupted stream of conversations were so productive. I talked and talked and talked....until we both laughed about it:).
Saturday morning we walked/ran/explored a few trails nearby - the weather was absolutely gorgeous! Have I mentioned how much I love the month of September?
We have never been to this timeshare location (it's fairly new) because it is always booked out during the decent weather months. We're looking forward to returning in a few weeks with the kids for General Conference weekend.
The leaves are already turning - seems earlier than usual.
The beauty was breath-taking. I love the contrast of the yellow quakies with the dark green pines.
We were home by 12:30pm on Saturday - just in time for me to cruise down south to Jantzen's soccer game. Afterwards, Jantzen became my helper for some major grocery shopping. Meanwhile, Aaron took the girls in to clean the HCP office and then attended Anna's game in town. It was back-to-business as usual around our place with a million and one things going on.
Love you - Happy 18th Anniversary Aaron!




3 comments:
happy anniversary!
Ahhh, so glad you could get away for a little for your Anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
Love the Quinn and Elsie'isms. Kids are so funny! Elsie is one funny girl. I wanted to take her home with me last time I was at your house.
-J
So cool that Aaron initiated this get-away. Way to go Aaron! Thanks Heather and Aaron for continuing to inspire us!
Post a Comment