While Aaron, Tanner and Brinley were enjoying their time in Hawaii, I was home getting children registered for school, picking up school supplies, working through teacher situations, etc.
![]() | |||
| These are some of Tanner's fees ($335) and we're not done yet. |
It's pretty sad to note that I paid more in registration fees for "free" public education (for six children) than was spent by Aaron and the kids for a week in Hawaii.
Quinn lost his first tooth - just in time for kindergarten!
Besides spending a beautiful afternoon with friends at R. Lake once more before the start of school, I joined Stacie M. and a few others for a huckleberry picking adventure.
Stacie's mom and Janene are good friends and were college roommates years ago - they joined us for this "labor of love".
I've never been huckleberry picking before but it's been on my bucket list. Not everybody is willing to share the location of their favorite patch. Thanks Stacie!
Never mind the fact that this amount represents three hours of picking. The company and scenery made it all worth it. And the kids had their own adventures exploring the woods with their friends.
Also on the bucket list - to finish decorating Brinley's room.
How nice that Julia made the time to come over while Brinley was out of town!
Brinley has wanted the Eiffel Tower painted on her wall for a while now.
And fortunately, Julia has the talent. Free-hand and all - she's amazing!
What a fun surprise for Brinley to come home to!
The kids returned to school on Wednesday, August 27th.
Elsie - 2nd grade (elementary school)
Tanner - 11th grade (high school)
Jantzen - 6th grade (middle school)
Brinley - 9th grade (junior high school)
Anna - 5th grade (middle school)
Quinn - afternoon kindergarten (elementary school)
In many ways this marks a banner moment along this motherhood journey of mine.
After nearly 17 years of all-day every-day full-time parenting, all six children are now attending school (although most argue 2 1/2 hours of kindergarten doesn't really count). I'm so grateful they are still living under one roof. The next few years are going to fly by and I want to enjoy every magical moment with these absolutely awesome kids.
After nearly 17 years of all-day every-day full-time parenting, all six children are now attending school (although most argue 2 1/2 hours of kindergarten doesn't really count). I'm so grateful they are still living under one roof. The next few years are going to fly by and I want to enjoy every magical moment with these absolutely awesome kids.











2 comments:
The kids are awesome and growing up way too fast. I love your new photos! What a fun surprise for Brinley.
17 years with a young child at your side all day. And I was thinking 10 years was long! You are a great mother!
Post a Comment