Funny things to remember....
Elsie was helping me in the kitchen and her arms were getting tired from stirring for so long. In my effort to encourage her, I made a comment about how tiring it must have been for the pioneer children to churn their butter each day. Her quick response caught me off guard when she stated very matter-of-factly, "Mom, the pioneers are all dead."
Quinn - I told him we were going to hike the "R Mountain" to which he replied, "Can we hike to the Q mountain instead?". Surprised by his question I asked, "and just where is the Q mountain?" His answer, "In Utah. They have all the letters there."
Through the intercom I called the girls to wake-up one Saturday morning. A few minutes later Elsie walked into the kitchen. I asked her if Anna was awake (they share a room) and she said, "No, she said she wants to finish her dream first." Then Quinn (who was also in the room) perked up and said, "I'm going to go make up her dream". When I asked him what he meant by that, he started spookily ooohhing and aaahhhing and whispering funny words - demonstrating how he would crawl into her room and influence her dreams.
Kids can be so creative.
Quinn - I told him we were going to hike the "R Mountain" to which he replied, "Can we hike to the Q mountain instead?". Surprised by his question I asked, "and just where is the Q mountain?" His answer, "In Utah. They have all the letters there."
Through the intercom I called the girls to wake-up one Saturday morning. A few minutes later Elsie walked into the kitchen. I asked her if Anna was awake (they share a room) and she said, "No, she said she wants to finish her dream first." Then Quinn (who was also in the room) perked up and said, "I'm going to go make up her dream". When I asked him what he meant by that, he started spookily ooohhing and aaahhhing and whispering funny words - demonstrating how he would crawl into her room and influence her dreams.
Kids can be so creative.
1 comment:
The other day McKay pointed out a Wall Street Journal article about how people in the west are into putting letters on their mountains. :)
Post a Comment