Two years ago (tomorrow) I officially
"graduated" from foot zoning training. It is most definitely a skill that requires ongoing education and development. I'm confident there is not a zoner out there that would claim to have it all figured out. And this past weekend I surrounded myself with nearly 200 others at the First Annual Foot Zone Conference hosted by the newly formed Utah Foot Zone Association.
![]() |
| At least I thought to take one quick pic at the end of the conference - saying our good-byes! |
The idea to host a foot zone conference had been rumbling around inside Stephanie's head for a few years. Acting on this impression, she began (in January) orchestrating what would become a historic conference celebrating 25 years of foot zoning in America. She had a vision and recruited willing workers to help pull it all together (no matter that she resides in Hawaii). Without going into all the details, there were other foot-zoners within the state of Utah working tirelessly to have legislation passed to recognize, clarify and protect foot-zoning as an occupation. The combined efforts of many and the perfect timing of everything dove-tailed into an amazing two-day experience. It was almost like having a family reunion with so many M.'s walking around. Stephanie, Jared, Janene & Bob (he stayed at hotel mostly), Erica, me, Chris & Julia (presenters on Saturday - topic was online marketing). Matt and Whitney live close by and Bryant joined us for lunch on Friday. The group all gathered for dinner Saturday evening in SL but I headed to my parent's place instead and we grabbed a bite at Cafe Rio. Just hours before the conference ended, they arrived home from China. Rather than drive home late at night, I decided it best to wake up early Sunday morning and head home.
The final presenter/speaker of the conference was Jessie Clark Funk. She is an incredible musician and I was secretly hoping she would sing more than she did but she is also a gifted speaker. I took notice of her music years ago - when she was Jessie Clark without the Funk. We bonded when I told her so while standing guard for a few gals using the men's restroom (you do what you have to do!). She really has a fun sense of humor and we decided to be friends forever.
![]() |
| This is one of her CD's I have listened to for years. |
Jessie is a huge fan of foot-zoning. She and her children are regularly zoned.
While I enjoyed the classes, workshops and round-table discussions for two full days, Aaron held down the fort at home. He stayed plenty busy but it was a slow week in the picture department.
Aaron snapped this sunset while driving home from work one day last week.
We knew the weather would be changing, but waking up to frozen pipes on Wednesday was not an awesome way to start out the season. Because it didn't warm up as the day progressed, Aaron had to come home early from work and spend time up in the attic. As awkward as it was, he managed to do some work via email and texts with one hard while holding my blow-dryer with the other. For 45 minutes he remained in his cramped position until I arrived home from visiting teaching and confirmed we did indeed have hot water once more. Aaron has found 'the problem' so now we're just waiting for an insulation company to come fix it. I am not ready for such bitter C-O-L-D!
It seems we have teeth falling out all the time around here but this note from Anna is worth remembering. It says:
"Dear Tooth Fairy, I don't want to be picky, but I could use some more money in my wallet! Maybe 2 or 3 dollars! Mostly because that tooth was the WORST I've ever had!" She drew a puppy face and signed her name. Anna is proud of her record of pulling every tooth herself. She didn't want our help. This molar was a beast indeed and caused her some serious grief.
Along with Elsie's fieldtrip (Glow: Living Lights), basketball games, piano master class, cleaning the office, finishing up winter yard prep, Saturday chores, etc., Aaron took the children to our Ward Harvest Dinner while I was out of town for the conference. One less meal they had to prepare in my absence. Brinley wasn't thrilled with the last minute violin musical number included in the evening show, but she was a good sport and played beautifully. Rumor has it that Aaron also treated the kids to Pizza Pie Cafe. Make that two less meals that were prepared in my absence. Then again, I totally enjoyed not cooking myself:).





3 comments:
I would have enjoyed attending that conference with you! Glad you were able to go! Love Anna's note.
The tooth fairy note is hilarious!
I love it that you do zoning!
Post a Comment