Blankets, chairs, coats/jackets for layering and water bottles are permanent features in the back of our cars during certain months of the year. Unpredictable weather has taught us to be prepared for anything during the soccer season. Jantzen played on the Freshman Club team (U-15) with Coach Teichert (his old coach he really likes) and had a tremendous season. His team was the favored to win the championship but they came up short in the final game for a painful loss. The boys were graceful and made us all proud by their sportsmanship and hard work all season long.
![]() |
| Jantzen - #11 |
![]() |
| Jantzen - neon yellow shoes |
![]() |
| Championship game played at night under the big lights in IF |
| Jantzen - kneeling with hand on the ball |
I tried all season to snap a few pictures but what resulted confirmed what I already know - capturing a decent pic during a soccer game with a phone is nearly impossible to do. I'm glad his coach took this one just before the final game of the season.
I didn't have any better luck in the photography department with Anna's soccer games. At the end of every game, both (Jantzen/Anna) teams would run across the field and clap for/thank the parents. It's a tradition I quite appreciate and tried to capture a time or two......what I got was Anna turning to run back across the field.
This season Anna was bumped up to play on an older girl's team (U-15). She and Lacie (7th graders) were new to the 8th grade team but they adjusted well and progressed tremendously. Coach Corey (a newly married BYU-I student and former collegiate soccer player) did a nice job and the girls had a wonderful season.
![]() |
| Anna, Lacie and Anna T. who came to support the girls |
Good-bye soccer season! Hello basketball season!








No comments:
Post a Comment