Time to post a few random moments that occurred during the month of September.
We made lots of fruit leather - mostly plum and some peach & pear. The pear disappeared first.Elsie has enjoyed taking piano lessons from Annie but since she is leaving on a mission in a few months, it was a good time to make a change. Annie sent me these pics from their final lesson/party together. It happened to be pajama day at school for Elsie - hence the peace pj's.
I don't know how much Elsie learned but she sure LOVED spending 30 minutes a week talking and laughing with Annie. Now she and Quinn are enrolled in a group class together closer to home with Paula Clark. It's pretty easy for Elsie right now but will get harder as the year progresses...and it simplified my schedule a bit.
During Homecoming Week the kids dressed up each day and attended the MHS parade on Friday.
It's nice that Anna has friends with hair-do skills.
One day I decided to drive over to Gundersen's Flooring and see what they had in stock for office carpet. The very next morning they had an installer at our house and the job was done. Easiest home improvement project to date. The carpet was really worn through the doorway and had faded under the plastic floor mats so it was rather discolored from the sun. Now it looks so much better!It was time to replace the red striped bed-spread. Aaron and I were both tired of looking at it. I really like the pattern of this gray one though it's too small for our king-sized bed. Oh well. It's not worth the hassle factor of returning this online purchase since I got it for a great price.
![]() |
| Elsie's "new" room |
![]() |
| Brinley's "new" room |
![]() |
| Wearing the mouthguard is an important part of football. |
| Shaylee, Elsie, Brekkah |
There is a story behind this cake. Hopefully, I'll remember to share it another day.
![]() |
| Leaving our (m)hotel Thursday morning |
We stopped and enjoyed lunch at Olive Garden before returning home. We got home before the kids returned from school and they hardly noticed we were gone. Aaron and I have plans to celebrate (again) in January when I redeem his 2015 Christmas present to me...Happy 20th Aaron! I love you more every single day.
| Spencer B., Logan, Jantzen (on wall), James, Spencer P., Parker, Jaden, Ezra, Mathew |
Jantzen's teacher's quorum - rock climbing activity in Klingler's garage.
Already thinking about Halloween costumes, Elsie decided to make these emojis the other day.Last year Brinley applied for and was selected to be part of the Environmental Solutions program. It combines math, English, science core classes (first trimester only) in an unique way so that the great outdoors is often her classroom! Exploring new places every week has been a highlight of the program from Brinley. I'm not sure she's enjoying the statistics involved but being in nature is almost worth it...
| Brinley & Meagan |
| Brinley & Meagan |
![]() |
| Brinley, Aubrey, Meagan |
I have a few pictures from Tanner but they are not uploading to the blog at the moment. He left the MTC on September 12 and arrived in Pittsburgh, PA where he is currently in his first area (takes in several smaller communities but lives in Penn Hills, PA) with Elder McGee. Our mantra has become, "One day at a time...."
Wrapping up September.

























1 comment:
Brinley's class sounds awesome. I would have liked a class like that. Way to go, Quinn! Busy mom as usual.
Post a Comment