 |
| Paige, Anna, Mariah, Jane |
This summer the neighborhood girls had a great time hanging out whenever possible. It was a refreshing change of pace from the typical "school scene" where teens often socialize within their own grade/age groups. Hiking Table Rock was on my bucket list but apparently Anna thought it'd be more fun with her friends - haha!
 |
| Top of Table Rock - mission accomplished! |
 |
| Labor Day hike for Anna |
 |
| Happy 47th Birthday Aaron! |
This year Aaron's birthday fell on Labor Day so he took advantage of his annual tradition to spend the morning/day fishing by himself. We've had some amazing peaches this season which was perfect for his birthday treat that evening after our BBQ. He also got to talk with Brinley since her p-day is Monday - bonus gift for Aaron.
 |
| 489 Linden - Ruth & Laverne's house (Bob built in 1997) |
Laverne's children did not waste time settling his affairs. After getting a market analysis on his home and determining a price, Aaron and I were given the opportunity to take it or leave it before opening the sale of this property to other potential buyers. We had expressed interest in purchasing the home earlier so while there was no negotiating, everything came together well enough so we closed on it September 5. We spent the month getting it prepared for the rental market and felt blessed to have a family move in the last weekend in September. It's a wonderful 1500 sq ft home that has been very well maintained (no surprise) and we anticipate this little family will show love for this special place.
 |
| Backyard |
 |
| Katie, Jane, Jeralyn, Mo, Heather |
Watching Aaron train and participate in Lotoja the past three years didn't entice me to join the biking world in the least. After all, running is a whole lot cheaper and more convenient! When the opportunity came up to buy Jen's old bike, we decided to take advantage of a "good deal". Of course, then I felt guilty looking at this expensive bike sitting in the garage for months on end. Fortunately, my neighbor Jane was persistent enough when she asked me to join her LOTOJA women's relay team. I had been on two rides with Aaron last fall but didn't love the sport. Nonetheless, to assuage my own 'guilt', I committed to Jane and started joining for group rides. In time, I decided it wasn't so bad after all. In fact, I discovered I was actually a decent rider and hill climber for a rookie.
 |
| September 7, 2019 |
It worked out well to have a men's relay team and a women's relay team this year since Aaron and Brett had little time for training. They felt like they were 'cheating' only taking one leg of the 207 mile ride but got over that feeling pretty quickly when they had zero sore muscles on Sunday morning!
 |
| Leg 3 - Montpelier to Afton - mountain climber |
 |
| Leg 5 - Alpine to Jackson (47 miles) |
Not having participated in a sponsored ride of any sort, I didn't know exactly what to expect when it came time for me to pedal. Biking the last leg proved to be invigorating as I was able to constantly pass people, pull people and cheer on other tired riders along the course. It was an awesome experience!
 |
| Dust Bunnies - 1st place women's relay team (for riders not racers) |
 |
| Brett, Aaron, Matt, Nephi, Bryan |
Men's Relay Team
 |
| Heather & Aaron after LOTOJA 2019 |
 |
| Elsie & Abigail |
Tif was on the west coast for a home-school conference of sorts and made a quick drive north to spend the weekend with us (Sept. 8-9). This pic is our only evidence it actually happened.
 |
| Lisa, Kara, Heather W., Tori, Jane, me, Ashley, Erin |
Long time friend and neighbor, Lisa C., spear-headed a hiking group this fall. I've absolutely loved participating and really appreciate Lisa's efforts. She's an outdoor adventure professional!
 |
| Ashley, Lisa, Tori, Erin, Jane, me, Heather W., Kara |
 |
| Anna in red - BYU Invitational in Provo, UT (Sept. 14) |
Cross-country season + Homecoming week = BUSY schedule!
 |
| Jantzen's date kept it simple this year.... |
 |
| Anna - blonde in down position (Sept. 18) |
Anna was a solid contributor for the Sophomore Powder Puff team and pulled more flags than anyone else when she was on the field. I was pretty impressed with how well the girls played! Everyone meant business except the cheerleaders (guys' football players) which made for a fun evening. With the rainy forecast all week, we were happy NOT to pull out umbrellas! There was, however, a torrential downpour the following day for the Homecoming Parade.
 |
| Anna - blonde standing |
 |
| After Quinn's XC race at Sweden Farms Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch (Sept. 19) |
This year Quinn decided to give the sport of cross-country a try. He participated in a summer track club earlier and found success so he put football aside and donned a pair of running shoes for the 1 mile races instead. It was an exciting season to watch him improve each race. And he certainly didn't mind receiving additional medals for his efforts.
 |
| Quinn - 5th place finish for 5-6th grade division |
Jantzen was part of a large group for the Homecoming Dance festivities. Their late breakfast together was followed by everyone piling into cars for their appointed "Escape Room" activity in IF. Aaron and I were enjoying our anniversary date (Sept. 21) of touring the Parade of Homes when a phone call came from Jantzen. Yikes! One of his buddies wasn't paying attention and ran into the back of Aaron's truck (after Jantzen told him earlier not to follow so closely). Long story short, Aaron and I showed up before the police officer left and found a somber group of teens that had been hanging out in a cold parking lot for a very long time. We traded Jantzen cars and the kids went to Plan B since they missed their time for the "Escape Room". The good news is that nobody was seriously hurt. The other good news is that Joey's insurance covered the damage (his car was totaled). Never mind the fact that Aaron's truck was in the shop for a month....
 |
| Tailgate had to be replaced and was on back-order. |
 |
| Crazy this was $6000 to repair! |
 |
| Avery & Jantzen |
 |
| Will, Jantzen, Tucker, Joe, Mackay, Carson, Dawson, Joey, Mark, Matt |
I chuckled that the mom who sent these dinner group shots captured the kids praying together. Looks like Jantzen's date, Avery, said the blessing on the food. Good thing since they ate McDonald's Happy Meals! The boys thought it was an awesome idea. I wasn't too keen on it and hoped the girls wouldn't be offended. Apparently, I'm way out of touch because the girls LOVED the dinner....
 |
| I legit salvaged some of the unrolled TP. |
It was a memorable 23rd anniversary but not exactly for all the reasons you think of. Besides the car accident, Aaron ended up with a serious migraine that evening and was in bed by 6pm. The other kids had activities going on but I was grateful Anna came home early enough to CATCH the guilty party toilet papering our house! Somehow we've escaped that until now. And what a mess they made! I'm still finding TP in the yard...grrr.
 |
| Rocket launching & awards at Pack Night (Sept. 25) |
 |
| Aaron & Quinn prep for the big launch. |
 |
| Another beautiful hike day with three of us. |
 |
| Ashley, me, Lisa (Sept. 26) |
 |
| Tautphaus Park - 4th place finish for Quinn (Sept. 26) |
 |
Madison girls at Shelley Invitational (Sept. 27)
Back row middle - Anna in black hoodie |
Besides the activities I managed to get pics of were all the others I didn't - haha! The start of a new semester at BYU-I for Tanner and Aaron's ward (opening socials, FHE groups, etc.), travels for Aaron's work, ball games, projects underway in the house (I've been painting again), Quinn's primary program, Elsie's dance and social life (very robust!) and everything else that comes along with adjusting to a new school year. I love September - my favorite month of the year!
1 comment:
It's definitely been a busy month for you. Congrats on the Lotoja win! The hiking groups sounds fun too. The kids all do very well in their athletic pursuits and keeps you busy. Awesome Mom!
Post a Comment