Sunday, January 22, 2012

MLK Weekend

Last weekend we made a quick multi-purpose trip to Salt Lake City.  Saturday evening we went swimming at a local indoor pool and had a great time.  I think G-ma P enjoyed the water-slide the most:)  It was fun having them join us for the evening!


After getting the kids (mostly) in bed, Aaron and I joined my parents for a brisk walk around their 'compound'.  Check out this duo!


Glad Mom thought to take a picture before church - we have very few pics with all 8 of us!


After church, we grabbed a quick lunch and then headed downtown to visit Temple Square.


Not a very busy place on this cold and windy January afternoon.
Tanner especially took note of the large model of the Salt Lake Temple.


All the kids enjoyed a sense of freedom in checking out the various displays.


We explored the north and south Visitors' Centers and enjoyed the rotating displays.




After our explorations, we headed north to Bonnie and Bryant's home.  Six of the eight siblings (in Aaron's family) live along the 1-15 corridor (Layton to Spanish Fork) and gather once a month for Sunday dinner.  We are usually not able to attend but appreciating joining in this time around. 


Each family brought some type of chili for the competition.  Alyssa, Jordan and Matt were the judges.  Can you guess who won?  (Erica - rigged?)


They were all YUM so I'm glad I didn't have to be a judge:)


Tanner spent time creating another mind-boggling masterpiece.
I have zero artistic abilities so this is amazing to me.


He calls it a single-point sketch.  
The pic is light but it's a viewpoint in a large city.


Elsie loved having all the new baby cousins around - Jack, Bennett and Jagger.


Late Sunday night, we arrived back to G-ma and G-pa P's place to find this.  
G-ma wanted to try out a new recipe on us and we obliged.

Monday (no school) we all went our separate ways.  G-ma and G-pa P took some of the kids to the zoo in the morning and enjoyed an afternoon movie, "Alvin and the Chipmunks - Ship-wrecked".  I visited the dentist's office.  Aaron spent time looking at used office furniture in anticipation of a spring relocation for the Home Care Pulse office (still in town here).  We packed as much as we could into the hours we had and rolled into our own garage just before midnight.  Fortunately, the kids did not have school on Tuesday so we could all 'catch up' on a little sleep (or not).

Thanks for having us and enduring it well!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Elsie is looking very grown up to me in these pictures. Time is flying, I guess.

Malinda said...

What a great weekend! I'm impressed with Tanner's artwork. Emily is the artist in our family and every time I look at her drawings, I think "wow, I couldn't do that." It is fun to see kids develop their talents.