Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween 2012


Although the kids would be elated if I showed more interest in the 'Halloween decorations department', we got into the spirit of things well enough without them. 

 The elementary school Halloween Carnival is the biggest family/fundraiser event of the year.  My kids scored a dozen coupons for free ice cream cones, fries, pizza, etc.  They come in handy from time to time so I much prefer coupons to junky toys (though they managed to collect some of those too).  We also won a few prizes in the raffle contest including a free pizza from Papa Murphy's and a free Jamba Juice.
 A few talented students from the college did a mighty fine job with the face-painting.
 After rounding up the troops from this event, we made an appearance at Aaron's office Halloween party.  He was not in charge so we were not sure what to expect.  Once again, the kids were delighted with the outcome of it all.
 More games.  More candy.  More fun.
Brinley spent the afternoon at a friend's Halloween party and arrived home just in time to join us.
Jantzen attended a birthday party for one of his buddies earlier in the day.
 There were plenty of cupcakes for the cake-walk.  
And it didn't take Quinn long to realize he could have a 'prize' without playing the game.

 In addition to all the parties, Aaron and I spent a good portion of the day at our stake "Little Philmont Scout Training".   Aaron arrived back in town just hours before and had to be at the church by 6:30am until 5pm.  Fortunately, my commitment only included the cub scout training portion so I could cart kids around all afternoon. Tanner also had responsibilities at the training teaching adults how to sharpen tools and use proper knife care.

 Monday night was spent carving/decorating pumpkins from our neighbor's garden. 
 I love that we didn't buy pumpkins this year:)






Costume changes are frequent around our place.  At the last minute Anna decided to be a spy and Quinn switched to the dragon costume for the real trick-or-treating event.  The balmy weather was awesome!  The perfect night to spend walking around outside collecting the loot.
Tanner remained home to pass candy out in our neighborhood.  He ended up getting a lot of homework done with only five trick-or-treaters knocking on the door.  And I was worried that I might not have enough candy...I should have known better:)



2 comments:

Malinda said...

Your Halloween was lots more festive than ours. You had better watch out or you're going the get a reputation as the fun holiday mom.

Kaylynn said...

Your kids look so much alike and like you.Fun Halloween!