September 21, 1996
Sealed in the Jordan River Temple by Grandpa K.
I still remember that our photographer took SO long after the wedding, Aaron and I missed most of the luncheon held in the backyard of my parent's place at 5346 Knollcrest. And truthfully, I've never been a big fan of our wedding pictures anyway...c'est la vie!
At least we made it in time to cut and serve our wedding cake before family and friends departed. Aaron and I broke cultural tradition at the time and held an open house the night before we were married - in this same backyard. Nothing fancy nor formal - just right for us. We wanted the focus to be on the temple - not on the social gatherings. Seriously, I'm going to suggest something even more non-traditional for our kids - no reception or open house at all. I'd rather give them the money and have a nice family/close friend luncheon. Tanner is already on board - we'll just have to convince his future bride:).
I'm grateful every day for the blessings that have come into my life as a result of the inspired decision to marry this guy. I'm convinced G-ma Aloha was up there "pulling strings" to make certain we met...
And now we have the awesome joy and responsibility of raising these six incredible children.
![]() |
| Cool car in the Sam's Club parking lot - yes, our dates are exciting! |
It probably goes without saying but it's also wonderful to spend nearly 24 hours away from the hubbub of the daily drill. And that's just what we did to celebrate our 17th anniversary this year. Aaron surprised me with a night away at a better-than-expected hotel (that's another story).
The only day we could squeeze in a quick get-out-of-town was from a Saturday (Sept. 21) afternoon to Sunday so we found a nearby ward to attend. We also bought snacks for Sunday so we wouldn't have to eat out on the sabbath day. We returned home just as our kids were returning from church - nice that Tanner has his official driver's license now (except for the fact that our auto insurance nearly doubled).
A little change of pace on occasion is definitely a necessity with the constant pressures of life.
Thanks Aaron! You're the best!
Thanks Aaron! You're the best!
Happy Anniversary to us!








6 comments:
Congrats! Glad you got a quick night away to celebrate.
Awesome! I'm grateful to my mother for doing such a fine job of picking a son-in-law!
Wow - I know we are getting old when our wedding pictures are looking like we were so young. Happy Anniversary!
Thanks sweetie...you're simply amazing! Thanks for a wonderful 17 years and for being my best friend. Happy Anniversary to us! Next year perhaps we'll go a little further away to celebrate our 18th. :) I love you!
@ Kristen/Mom-in-law...yes, your mom did a fine job. :) So grateful to be a part of this great family. Thanks for allowing me in 17 years ago.
There you are in front of my favorite temple. Idaho Falls. Congratulations on 17 years and on your wonderful family. What a great memory that Grandpa Kerr was able to perform your ceremony. I have great memories from sealings he performed for me and my children.
Post a Comment