Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yesterday Afternoon...

Some days are busier than others.  Although there is always something going on somewhere for someone, Wednesdays after school have become particularly fast-paced.  Knowing all we had going on today, thank goodness for planned-overs (left-overs that are planned in advance)!

Elsie and Anna walked in the door around 3pm.   We had a few minutes together while they snacked and talked about their day at school before I had leave to pick up Brinley at the junior high for her violin lesson at 3:30pm.  I often take Anna, Elsie and Quinn along and we run a quick errand during Brinley's lesson (since there is not time to come home), but today I wanted to attend the lesson as Brinley is preparing a very difficult piece for a concerto competition in a few weeks and I had a few questions about the application process.  Wow - she sounds amazing!

Meanwhile, Jantzen returned home by 4:10pm and started his after school meal.  Brinley and I drove home where I helped get homework started and checked math assignments for various kids before running Jantzen to his first soccer practice of the season at 5pm (too bad it happened to be at the same time as scouts).

Back home again.  I sat on the couch and read with Elsie, checked in on the other kids and loaded Brinley back in the car to take to the high school in preparation for her orchestra concert.  Next, I picked up Jantzen at the soccer fields after practice ended - made a few phone calls to further coordinate the evening activities - back home again.  I quickly got the younger kids dinner just as Aaron pulled up in the driveway.  I loaded the three youngest into his car with a backpack full of books to look at during Brinley's concert which started at 6:30pm.

Meanwhile, Tanner came home from track practice and work with enough time to shower and get ready for his own orchestra concert (fortunately, he could drive himself to where he needed to be by 7:30pm).  I practiced piano for 10 minutes with Jantzen, threw on a skirt, ate a few bites of left-overs and rushed out the door (again) at attend a stake primary presidency meeting which started at 7pm - which I left early so I could attend Tanner's concert (8pm start time).

Ships passing in the night...and SO GLAD Aaron was in town.

After Brinley played at her concert, Aaron dropped the kids off at home and rushed back into town to unlock the doors for the annual HOA meeting (start time 8pm) which was being held in a conference room in his office space.  There he remained until 10:30pm - yikes.  I enjoyed a lovely concert which ended at 9:30pm - came home to find some of the children still awake.

We didn't even attempt the usual stuff for Wednesday - Jantzen's scouts, Brinley's gymnastics and Anna's activity days.

Phew.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You guys are amazing. Wish I could have attended the concerts.