This little corner at the end of the hallway is where I have spent many hours listening to first graders read this past school year. And what progress they have each made!
Especially this most adorable one of the bunch.
Great work Quinn - you are becoming a fantastic reader!
I recently attended a PTO luncheon and yes, I'm officially on the board for next year - assisting with the art program. I'm good with that. I won't feel 'guilty' about not helping with the fall carnival, book fairs, teacher appreciation week, penny wars, special science days, and the zillion other activities our PTO sponsors. We have a great group of dedicated women that do a lot to 'fill in the educational gaps' of public school. Of course, I'm sure I'll still help out with the pacers program (kids running a certain number of laps during recess throughout the year = field trip) as I have for the past few years.
We have enjoyed a few days of beautiful weather this past week (along with some rainy days). The kids have been all about putting our fire pit to use.
S'mores season is upon us...a favorite FHE treat.
Actually, we spent this past FHE assisting with the neighborhood clean-up and the kids ate their fill of pizza - thanks Pizza Pie Cafe owners:).
Tuesday night s'mores instead. Before YM/YW activities began.
![]() |
| Anna - ripping section of paper bag off during a balancing game |
The Beehive class hosted a Mother-Daughter evening of games and fun at Sis. Taylor's house. A group of silly girls and equally silly moms = belly-aching laughter. The week before, I hosted the Beehive class at our place where I taught a healthy cooking class to the girls. The YW leaders are utilizing the interests and abilities of other women in the ward to help teach the girls new skills (similar to merit badge counselors for the YM/Scouting program).
It's only taken us nearly 6 years to get raspberry starts going in our own yard. We really appreciated the awesome berry patch Janene had before they moved a few years ago. Ever since then, we've picked in patches here and there but haven't gotten enough berries to make adequate amounts of freezer jam to last through the year.
And while we are still a few years out from having a solid supply of raspberries, we are finally on our way. We're learning these plants require a bit of maintenance but we're now up for the challenge. I hope.
Thanks Aaron for taking a day off work to help get this project underway.
Now that's an awesome Mother's Day gift!
We'll be ready to plant the garden soon.
Looking forward to the yummy, fresh produce already.
Looking forward to the yummy, fresh produce already.
Friday morning it was "Muffins with Mom" at school for Quinn's class.
Not only did we enjoy tasty fruit kabobs and mini-muffins, but the children sang a few songs just for us moms. Yep, they had us laughing and crying happy tears all at the same time.
Quinn and I painted this flower pot together.
He painted the red stripes and I was in charge of the color blue.
We read through this special booklet together and I learned a few things about myself. Unlike some of the other students, Quinn actually knows I am 43 years old. I was glad he didn't write 62 for my age like another student. I was happy that he felt I was good at cleaning rather than being good at sleeping - kids are the best:).
![]() |
| Selfie in the classroom |
Saturday was a bustle of activity and started early with a morning piano recital at the tabernacle in town. This was the final recital for Jantzen and Anna as part of the Love Family Studio. We are re-evaluating future lessons and the direction of their musical development. They both played well in soccer games later that day and spent a chunk of time cleaning the now-expanded HCP office.
Brinley was the first person up and out the door. The tennis team left the high school at 5:30am for a tournament several hours away. Brinley usually plays doubles but played mixed-doubles in the tournament yesterday. Hard to believe the season is officially over already. She worked hard and really progressed this season. Great job Brinley!
Brinley was the first person up and out the door. The tennis team left the high school at 5:30am for a tournament several hours away. Brinley usually plays doubles but played mixed-doubles in the tournament yesterday. Hard to believe the season is officially over already. She worked hard and really progressed this season. Great job Brinley!
Sunday - Mother's Day
(Fast Sunday for us - no breakfast in bed this year).
Kids love the letter/candy bar tradition - from two generations.
Next year we'll be skyping with Tanner. He and Jacob received their final segment of the Duty to God program today and were called to team-teach a primary class (Valiant 11) this summer until they leave on their missions.
Yes, the kids spoil me every Mother's Day.
Loved Anna's original poem and thoughtfulness.
Can't wait to redeem the coupons from her and Jantzen. We have plenty of beds to weed...
Elsie brought this apron home that she decorated at school. And I'm already looking forward to a night away - to think and ponder and plan (all by myself). Thanks Aaron - you know me well!
Dinner at Chris & Julia's house tonight.
I didn't get a picture of Janene - the best mother-in-law in the world.
And she generously shared her 3 lb. container of Jelly Belly's with all of us.
Wacky weather day.
Major hail storm just as we were preparing to head home.
After our family council meeting where we coordinate schedules for the coming week, Elsie treated me to her spa once more. It's been a wonderful day all around.
I will be forever grateful to my own amazing mother for her countless contributions to my life. She is a woman of faith, a woman that knows how to work hard, a woman that is always serving others and a woman that seeks to put the Lord first in all that she does.
Thanks Mom! I love you!
(Fast Sunday for us - no breakfast in bed this year).
Kids love the letter/candy bar tradition - from two generations.
Next year we'll be skyping with Tanner. He and Jacob received their final segment of the Duty to God program today and were called to team-teach a primary class (Valiant 11) this summer until they leave on their missions.
Yes, the kids spoil me every Mother's Day.
Loved Anna's original poem and thoughtfulness.
Can't wait to redeem the coupons from her and Jantzen. We have plenty of beds to weed...
Elsie brought this apron home that she decorated at school. And I'm already looking forward to a night away - to think and ponder and plan (all by myself). Thanks Aaron - you know me well!
Dinner at Chris & Julia's house tonight.
I didn't get a picture of Janene - the best mother-in-law in the world.
And she generously shared her 3 lb. container of Jelly Belly's with all of us.
Wacky weather day.
Major hail storm just as we were preparing to head home.
After our family council meeting where we coordinate schedules for the coming week, Elsie treated me to her spa once more. It's been a wonderful day all around.
I will be forever grateful to my own amazing mother for her countless contributions to my life. She is a woman of faith, a woman that knows how to work hard, a woman that is always serving others and a woman that seeks to put the Lord first in all that she does.
Thanks Mom! I love you!


























5 comments:
Fun picture of you and your mom. That is great. Oh you will love the raspberries. I hope they grow marvelously for you. Our patch has not done too well the last few years so we have replanted in a different section. Hopefully this year we will have a good crop. I will keep you in mind when they start to ripen.
Great post sweetie! It was nice to take some time off and plant those berries! This serves as a reminder to water them today. ;) I love you!
Heather your hair looks so beautiful on Mother's Day. The new do makes you look much younger! Tif, (from mom's computer)
I like your hair too. It's cute. Thanks for the kind words. You are an amazing mother and I'm glad your family took time to show their appreciation. Love you!
Post a Comment