Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spring Season Activities


 MHS Tennis Team
Thanks Coach Duque for posting FB pics of the final tournament Brinley participated in recently.
 A great bunch of kids!
 Nikki, Brinley,  Hannah, Kate, Rachel
Brin - front left on blanket
 Elsie participated in a May Day celebration this past week and made this fun headband.
Our weekdays were filled with the usual...soccer practices, games, music lessons, homework, orthodontic appointments, foot zone appointments, youth activities (special fireside with an African princess), etc.  The older kids have been registering for next year's classes and that can be stressful - especially when technology doesn't work right or hoped-for classes are already full.  The temple re-opened after being closed for maintenance/cleaning so I found my happy place for a few hours this past week along with enjoying a lunch date with my good friend, Wendy L.   
When Aaron returned from spending the week in Denver CO, he mustered the energy to put this baby up late Friday afternoon.  A ward campout scheduled for May 13-14 was risky, but the weather turned out to be perfect for the occasion.
 We made and ate our tinfoil dinners at home.  The ward provided a dutch-oven dessert/program later in the evening and then breakfast on Saturday morning.
 The clean-up was a snap and we were on our way to mingle with friends at Beaver Dick Park.
 Boys of all ages managed to play a game of soccer - Jantzen brought the ball.

 Quinn and Elsie along with the triplets were asked to help lead a campfire song or two.
Spencer and Jantzen
 Aaron was a real trooper to spend the night in the tent with the two youngest.  Elsie woke up at 3:00am hearing noises and nobody got back to sleep after that.  The bear noises were likely Bro. H. in a nearby tent:).  Needless to say, Aaron helped prepare breakfast and they were home by 8:30am. 
Anna #10
 Anna participated in a soccer tournament over the weekend so she & I left by 6:45am Saturday morning.  She carpooled with teammates for Friday's game and got home late that night (which is one reason I didn't sleep in the tent).  She played well against challenging teams from Montana and Twin Falls.  Jantzen's team had to pull out from the tournament because too many players had a conflict and could not attend.  Ironically, Aaron and I allowed Jantzen and Anna to play on competitive travel teams this season figuring we would be attending the same tournaments anyway.  Thus far, it really hasn't worked out that way.
In between games, I showed Anna the Edahow Elementary School I attended for 4th grade (and part of 5th) and told her of the 'cherry drops' I learned to do off the playground bars (that no longer exist).
I told her about the basement bedroom Tiffany and I shared while living in this rental duplex for a while.  And of our Christmas spent here while my parents were building their 'dream home'.
 And how only open fields existed past our cul-de-sac....back in those days.
 2839 Margo Lane
After nearly 35 years, the place looks pretty darn good.
Brinley, it would ROCK my world if you went to PROM with me;)
While it's certainly easier to get boys ready for big dances than girls, we found a beautiful dress and made the alterations just in time for Prom on Saturday.  Because Tanner was in Costa Rica for the last dance and he had zero plans to attend Prom, I didn't think Tanner and Brinley would end up attending a high school dance at the same time.  Surprise, surprise!
 Brinley left at 2pm for the day date of roller blading, game playing and dinner at The Hickory.  Adam brought her home to get ready for the actual dance and picked her back up at 9:15pm.
 Apparently, Brinley and I need to watch a youtube video on how to properly attach a boutonniere.  We had to call upon Aaron's skills to get the job done.   Adam was a good sport and we were all laughing about 'awkward moments'.
 A corsage?  No problem!
 I'm waiting for group photos but there were 5 couples in the group.  A boy in the group had connections so everybody rode to Prom in a limo.  Can't say I've ever done that before...
Brinley & Adam
 Never mind that Prom is a guy's choice dance and that Tanner didn't ask anyone.
He was the perfect gentleman and accompanied Emily T. to Prom as it was her dream to attend.  In fact, she sent the text to Tanner (two days before the dance) explaining how she was planning to go by herself anyway but wondered if he might come with her....
And that's what he did.

Sure love these kids of mine!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Those promsters looked handsome and gorgeous. Campouts and soccer tournaments just keep coming.