Saturday, January 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

The update.

I was happy when the nurses moved us out of day surgery and into a bigger recovery room BUT that also meant we were spending the night at the hospital.  Fortunately, I have the most awesome husband in the world and he volunteered to let me sleep in a real bed at home so we traded places.  I slept well.  He didn't.  Who designs those chair/bed pull-out things anyway?  Do they really expect people to actually sleep on them?  Between the comforts of his 'bed', helping Anna, and the nurses coming in every few hours, I doubt he slept at all.  What a guy!

After getting the other children off to school, I headed back to the hospital thinking positive thoughts about Anna's willingness to take the medication orally and drink enough fluids for the Dr. to give his okay.  Aaron took Elsie and returned home before G-pa Marcum arrived to 'babysit' for an hour and be there when Jantzen got off the school bus (Aaron had an appointment).  Thanks to Bob for helping out with that...I understand you had fun playing the Wii?

Anyway, we were not making a lot of progress until the Dr. arrived.  Perhaps I should have purchased a white jacket and looked 'intimidating' because that's what got the ball rolling!  Happy day.  Actually, I think Anna was getting tired of being in a hospital bed and thought going home would be a good thing. Regardless of the reason, we were headed home sweet home after a few more hours.

Much thanks for the prayers and phone calls and visits!  She hasn't been very talkative but I'm sure she's enjoyed the attention.  She's doing a little better today (after sleeping off and on for nearly 7 hours of it) and said she wants to go to church tomorrow.  Guess that means I'll be teaching after all!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

You guys are troopers. We are keeping her in our prayers. Bribes of Ice Creame are always good. Of course, for real emergencies, a Chocolate Milk Shake is he best cure for everyhting. It is a timeproven winner.

Dad

Jeff & Liberty said...

Glad she finally got to go home. We included her in our family prayers too.

Tricia said...

McKay and I had no idea you came back from your nice trip to San Antonio only to hang out at the hospital. No fun! We hope Anna recovers quickly!

grannyl said...

Hope Anna is recovering well. Heather hope you are taking care of yourself and those legs.

larah said...

I am glad that you were able to come home with Anna. It's great when the husband will stay at the hospital and let you go home to sleep. Dustin did that for me when Parker was in for RSV. Anyway, I am glad things are getting better

PS My camera is a Nikon. Can't wait to see your professional looking pictures with your new camera!

Bonnie said...

We are so glad that Anna is back home and things went well (considering). We will keep you all in our prayers. Take care and talk to you soon.

Erica Borrowman said...

That's so wonderful...we're grateful that she's doing better and that things will return to normal soon. Way to go, Aaron...you're a good husband and dad. And Grandpa for helping out too. We love you guys.

Cydnee said...

I'm glad I finally caught up on your life. So sorry about Anna...Alexander had his tonsils/adnoids out when he was two and it made for a miserable week or two...a lot of Barney/narcotics in the middle of the night helped. Congrats on baby #6 too!