Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dr. Seuss Week

...and a few other things.

I love you Grandma. You give me cupcakes.  Love, Elsie
 When G-ma P came to town just before Valentine's Day, she brought some muffins along.
Elsie was a fan and made this Valentine for G-ma - not sure G-ma ever saw it:)

Dear Dad, I like it when you 'stay home'. I love you. Love, Elsie M.
 Another little treasure.


The 'mixed-up menu' was such a hit that Jantzen determined he needed to take a turn at it.
This time we enjoyed a 'breakfast themed dinner'.
Good job Jantzen!  You worked hard.


And remember how every day "should be" a party around here - in Quinn's mind anyway? 
The other day he asked me where all of his friends were for his 'supposed party'  (uh-oh), I told him they were upstairs in his room (stuffed animals). Phew! He was content with that one.


Quinn had quite the set-up and fed all his friends generously.


His menu included a random assortment of food items.


When Quinn discovered we had a "worker guy" coming by the house, he prepared a snack for him as well.  It was carefully placed by the back door for him. The "worker guy" got a real kick out of Quinn's simple generosity:)

Wacky Wednesday 
Anna and Elsie were pretty excited about dressing up each day as part of Dr. Seuss week.

Anna's already taken off her garb - but it was plenty wacky.


Hat Day


Aren't G-ma's awesome? 
The best part about this creation was the fun Anna had making it with her G-ma M. 
Although there was no official prize, Anna definitely 'won' for most original hat.


Quinn didn't want to miss a photo op so he grabbed the camera bag and plopped it on his head.


Anna REALLY wanted to be "Thing 1" with her friend, Lacie, dressed as "Thing 2".  But no red pants.  Then she remembered some Christmas credit she had at WalMart and determined to check it out.  Nothing.  Until we came to a clearance rack - with one pair of $2.00 red fleece pants (3 sizes too small).    She made it work for the day and Elsie inherited a new pair of pants.

We read plenty of Dr. Seuss books all week long.  I read to Elsie's kindergarten class where they ate green eggs & ham, etc.  The school had a goal to reach a certain number of reading minutes so Mr. Boice (principal) would have to kiss a pig!
Until next year...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The kids are so cute and sooo creative. I love seeing your pictures and hearing of their activities. I love it that Quinn wants to make snacks for everyone. So awesome!