Although the post isn't about this 3T, I couldn't resist posting this pic.
Check out the snack Quinn put together for himself.
Apple, peanut butter crackers, pretzels, broccoli & cauliflower, blackberries.
We bought two cases of blackberries (24 containers total) through Bountiful Baskets last weekend. Within a 24 hour period, they were nearly half gone. Crazy!
Last night when Aaron and I returned home from our date night, we found this in the fridge. Brinley loves to bake and especially to decorate with frosting but since we are out of powdered sugar, she ventured into pie-making instead. I'm not a pie maker so she did this on her own accord. And it was dangerously good - with a lemon butter crust! I'm a fan.
Now getting to those 3 T's...
1. Teachers' Quorum - Tanner enjoyed an overnight snow-shoe adventure (Feb. 22-23) up in the mountains. Fortunately, Aaron had already made plans to join in the outing because at the last minute, the quorum leader couldn't go. There was one other father in attendance - and 11 boys! A mighty storm rolled in during the night making the drive home extremely treacherous. In all of Aaron's years of driving on dangerous roads, he said these were at the top of the list. Our Yukon was packed with teenage boys but you could have heard a pin drop - because even they recognized the situation for what it was. Anna always prays for safety on the roads - in nearly every prayer - and we were all grateful they were answered with their safe arrival home.
2. Thank-You Cards - Earlier this week, Tanner surprised us and delivered a special handwritten card to each member of the family. With the Jr. High being in town, he walked to the local store after school and purchased individual cards for all 8 of us - with a bonus for Mom. A car freshener!
Much needed since the teacher's quorum campout:)
We sure appreciated his kind words and for being so very thoughtful. Thanks, Tanner!
3. Talk in Sacrament Meeting - We had a terrific youth speaker give an outstanding talk today in church. Tanner's topic was "Strengthening Testimony by studying the Book of Mormon". Wow and double wow! I actually had someone ask me if I had helped him prepare for it (and my answer was "not one bit"). It felt so awesome to know Tanner's testimony is maturing and his understanding of gospel principles is on track. Several adults commented on what an outstanding missionary he will be in just a few short years. Yep, I'd have to agree.

8 comments:
Thanks mom! You're the best!
Tanner
Awesome job today Tanner! Appreciate your example to us and your siblings. Love ya, Dad
Way to go Tan-Man. You were deprived of the whole weights falling on your feet threat, but I am glad to hear you did a great job anyway. lol
Brinley can come to our house to make a pie any time. Good job Tanner. You must get your public speaking skills from your Aunt Hilary. Ha ha. :-)
Congratulations, Tanner! Wish I could have heard your talk.
Great work, Brinley. Wish I could have tasted your pie. It looks like it turned out great and pie can be challenging to make. Congratultions!
That is a lot of cool things about Tanner - and Brinley's cooking skills. Our kids are growing up!
Brinkley. . . Please come visit and teach Jessica how to cook. . . Pretty please with sugar plum frosting on top?
Tanner, I am not surprised, but I do wish I was there to hear your amazing talk. I plan to be there for your missionary farewell talk. I am happy that you are setting such a great example for your siblings and cousins.
Did you know Jantzen is awesome at basketball!
Jantzen
Post a Comment