Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mixed-Up Menu & etc.

I'm really glad there are cool people out there that like to make stuff 
like this to help the rest of us out. 

Almond & Toffee Symphony Bar - yum.
Our Relief Society gave me this for my birthday.

In January, we focused our teaching on The Plan of Happiness.  This cereal box has gotten a lot of mileage recently  - the kids in primary had fun with it, Brinley used it during her YW lesson, we put various scriptures on papers inside the box for discussion in FHE, etc.
 Though hard to see, this hat reads "I Am 100 Days Smarter".  It seems only the kindergarteners keep track of and celebrate the 100th day of school.


Elsie holds up her bag of 100 items she counted out.  Quinn just likes wrapping up random items around the house and insists on having a 'party' almost every day.


Case in point.  Notice the birthday sign in the background?  
It's true that every day is a party around here. However, I don't feel the need to decorate the way Quinn insists it be done:)


On Monday for FHE, Brinley decided to prepare a "mixed-up" dinner.  She made clever menus for everyone to order from - keeping the meal a real mystery.  It was a joint effort as I made certain we had all food items available.


There were a few interesting combinations on their plates but some managed to have fairly normal meals.  The kids really had a great time with this - especially the dessert menu!


Having a functional kitchen sink has been at the top of my list of "conveniences taken for granted."  After three different attempts to get the problem resolved, we are so happy to have our mainstay back in action.  No more doing dishes in the laundry room or feeling guilting for adding to the landfill via paper plates.  And hooray for having a neighbor with just the tool we needed.

3 comments:

Malinda said...

I need to train my girls up to be like Brinley. I love the idea of my dinner responsibility to be making sure we have the food in the house. :)

Kristen said...

The mixed up dinner sounds fun. Doing dishes in the laundry does not. Glad you've got your kitchen sink back. Thanks, Aaron!

Tricia said...

What? You mean houses built after the year 2000 have issues too? I am sure you are appreciating your sink more now.