My kids informed me that wheat pancakes don't really look all that green.
I didn't tell them of my first attempt to color them using a few drops of chlorophyll instead of food coloring. I have something against adding dye to my food - and Quinn wouldn't even touch the green eggs. He insisted on yellow ones instead.
I had good intentions but due to other circumstances, our "green breakfast" was about as festive as we could do - besides wearing lots of green to church. Oh, and I ended up being the 'musical number' - so glad I have ONE dynamic piano solo piece in my current repertoire. I cycle through it every time we move to a new ward:)
Anna and Elsie wrote a little note to Mr. Leprechaun and left him some chocolate coins instead of expecting it to be the other way around:)
Dear Mr. Leprechaun, Where could you be? We've always been wanting to see what you really look like and we want to hear your Irish voice! Love, Anna & Elsie
They were satisfied to discover the chocolate disappeared but never caught site of the little trickster.
Sometimes it's easier when the ground is still frozen.
Like quicksand, the mud held Quinn fast until I came out to rescue him the other day. Since he insists on being outside whenever possible, this is a frequent challenge lately.
The 9th grade orchestra performed this past week - and they are amazing! The talented Hansen family contributes a great deal to the musical experiences many students enjoy in our community. Dad Hansen heads the MHS orchestra program. Son #4 Hansen runs the middle school orchestra program. Son #2 Hansen teaches at the local university in the music department along with Mom Hansen who in addition to teaching on campus, also teaches Jantzen and Anna piano lessons. Oh, and Daughter-in-law #4 Hansen runs Elsie's "Let's Play Music" music program she participates in each week.
The other 'green day(s)' occurred randomly throughout the previous week. It started in the middle of the night when Quinn came down to our bedroom. I was so tired I didn't think much of his comment that he ate too much. I figured it was just his excuse to sleep in our room. After an hour or so of tossing and turning, Aaron had sense enough to take him back to his own room only to hear the same complaint - "I ate too much". In that moment, a quick move to the bathroom made for a better clean-up situation that could have been - though still not ideal. Two days later - it was Elsie's turn. And then Anna's turn. And then Brinley's turn. Not cool. Thankfully, by the time St. Patty's Day rolled around, we were done with all "green days".
Thanks for the proof Elsie!



2 comments:
Not fun! Will got sick this week too. So did Jen but we thought it was from the medicine.
Tell your kids that if they see the Leprechaun next year, they can catch him by "keeping him in your sight." That is what we learned from our readings this year. Can the Hansons move to our area? Our one musical family moved and we haven't had any musical numbers in about a year. Or, even better, you visit and play your one song for us.
Post a Comment