Yesterday proved to be another action-packed day around the Marcum household. Having three children with birthdays in December only adds to the fun of the holiday season (or my insanity?). Needless to say, we are not big about hosting friend parties but the kids prevailed and I decided this year would be as good/bad as any other!
Tanner's original party ideas centered around a mad scientist theme (check out the awesome eyeball cake I made) but I didn't object when they evolved to taking the boys to see "Madagascar II". Prior to sending out the invitations, I called the theater for show times and made the arrangements. Aaron was the lucky guy to accompany the very excited group of 11-year old boys! Imagine my surprise when Aaron called me from the theater and said "um, the show started at 1:30pm not 2:20pm"!
Not funny. And not a joke. Apparently, the lady I talked with to confirm show times was looking at the wrong computer screen when she gave me the information!! Grrr...especially since it is our ONLY theater in town showing new releases! Fortunately, Aaron was able to improvise and pull-off Plan B. Tanner has a great group of friends and they were all good sports. They had a terrific time playing games at the arcade (etc.) and forgot all about the movie by the time we took them home!
This should be a blog entry unto itself! For those of you who know me well, this picture is a SHOCKER!!! Yes, we now have a dog in the family. Tanner has been waiting a very long time for this event to take place. (Aaron made a deal with him so we had to deliver...). We found Dawson at the local animal shelter. He is a border collie/husky mix so he can brave the cold weather! Brrr....we all felt bad to bring him home on the coldest day of the year with a storm raging yesterday. He slept in the garage last night but after Tanner spent quite some time cleaning up after him before our 9am church this morning, we agreed that he would remain outside.
We also enjoyed our ward Christmas party last night where the children participated in a "nativity story". By the time we got everybody to bed, I was tired! And I slept well.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness the dog is adorable! I cannot wait to meet Dawson! And we still need to see your new house. And I am so happy Tanner had fun with all of his friends. We love you guys!
My Dawson will think it's cool that you have a dog named Dawson. He is a good looking dog (Isaac will be jealous).
What? A dog? You have lost your mind. Maybe I should have Benson send you the home made doggy biscuit he made!
Happy birthday this month to Tanner, Brinley, & Anna!
What? A dog? Have you lost your mind? :) Nate has always been anti-pet. Originally I thought I would change his mind, but really he has changed mine. Luckily our kids have never really shown much interest in owning a pet. Phew.
Great eyeball cake! I'm impressed. We are doing our first ever friend birthday party for Ben in January. I think I'm going to put Nate in charge. I just don't know how to entertain 8 year old boys.
Heather, I am so impressed. Look at you doing parties and getting a dog. Looks like the party was a success and Dawson is an adorable dog. Hope you are all well and that you have a great Christmas.
Has the dog won your heart yet? He is cute. I enjoy other peoples pets but don't have/want one for myself. Good for you guys!
Happy Birthday to Tanner, Brinley and Anna!
Wow a dog. We loved our border collie but we have no desire to get another. Good luck with yours. It is great for the kids right.
Stephanie
Post a Comment