Santa found the Marcum's just in time for more SNOW! Actually, these 4-wheelers were ready for delivery a few days early so we stored the little one at the neighbors' place and told the kids we were just borrowing the larger 4-wheeler (with the snow plow on the front) from another neighbor...to keep the driveway cleared (um, we repented on Christmas morning). Snow removal from our driveway has been a nearly full-time job lately.
Every year Aaron has the children go on a 'treasure hunt' of sorts to find the family gift. Each child is given a clue and they all work together to search for the final gift. Obviously, it was a big one this year (multi-functional, of course!). Glad Dad and Taylor have been able to break them in for us while Aaron and I are enjoying 60-70 degree weather for a few days!
The stockings are always explored first. It was my favorite thing to do as a child also. New snow clothing reigned supreme...what a shocker!
We decided to let Elsie sleep in but the others were ready to go Christmas morning - even after their semi-sleepless night! Can you believe Aaron actually encourages them to get up in the middle of the night to see the Christmas treasures? He sets up all kind of traps to 'catch them'. The children plot and plan for days as to how they will navigate the obstacle course between their bedroom and the family room. The Price tradition of all the kids sleeping in one room continues and the Marcum tradition of trying to outsmart Dad is also alive and well!
We enjoyed our Christmas day together and were joined by Mom and Dad Price later that evening. Because Aaron and I would be out of town for Brinley's actual birthday, we had her birthday dinner/dessert Christmas night. We always let the birthday girl/boy select the menu so we had goulash, BBQ chips, Sprite and fresh pineapple for dinner. We sang Happy Birthday and had apple pie and vanilla ice cream before ending the festive day. It has been a month long celebration around our house!
3 comments:
Where are you enjoying 60-70 degree weather? I want to be you! :)
I thought that goulash was my mom's invention and I always hated it. It is crazy to me that someone would pick that for their birthday dinner!?!?!?
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I had to laugh at the part where Aaron sets traps up for the kids as they try to discover their Christmas treasures a few hours early. Love the four wheelers too!
I wouldn't mind a four wheeler with a plow this year! What fun Christmas traditions! Brinley's meal selection made me smile. Funny girl.
Post a Comment