Thursday, December 29, 2011

Party Time - Take Three!

The month of perpetual parties...


With Aaron's parents and a few of his siblings around (post-Christmas), we laughed at the fact that our Christmas tree was long gone (I promptly took it down Dec. 26th) but the birthday banner remained.
  
So here's brief recap of Brinley's birthday festivities!


Brinley and 12 of her friends joined us on December 22 for an evening of fun.


Everybody made their own pizzas (homemade dough worked - yeah).


Rachel adding the final touches of snow to the Christmas tree cake she made.
(I have awesome friends)


 Jantzen on 'crowd control' duty.
The energy level in our house was AMAZING!


Brinley planned the games and activities and this pinata was top on her list.  
Childhood dream fulfilled by the giant lime green elephant...


After a few rounds, we took the blindfold off and simplified the process.  Each girl averaged at least 10 hits before this elephant finally exploded.


Food, friends, games, Christmas movies, laughter and lots of fun.



On December 27 - Brinley's officially 12 years old.
Warm, fuzzy slippers and lots of sewing stuff = happy girl.


        Birthday activity of taking Brinley and Anna to Wendy's Beads to make bracelets.



She has opened a lot of presents in a 5-day period but never seemed to tire of it...


Cameron and Kasey arrived with a gift of their own.  
Darling little Jagger was born Dec. 5.


Elsie and Quinn could not get enough of this adorable bundle.



See what I mean?


It's been a sugar-fest all month.  We finished it off in style with three Marie Callender pies - chocolate satin, razzleberry and key lime.


 Bob, Cameron, Kasey, Elsie, Erica, Anna, Quinn

Janene and Anna

Happy 12th Birthday Brinley!

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it! 12-years-old!

Stephanie Marcum said...

I get to have a party with Grant tomorrow. He chose to have it at the beach. We will see how that goes. Never done something like that. I am stealing Janene's idea from Bear Lake and the kids will dig for buried treasure (money) in the sand. I hope it goes as well as your parties.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Brinley! We didn't get cards in the mail. . . . but we were definitely thinking of you on your birthday. We love you! It looks like you had fun with your friends and family!