Sunday, July 10, 2011

Big Boy Bed

The "baby crib era" has come and gone for us. It's been a part of our lives for nearly 14 years. Of course we'll keep the port-a-crib around but this marks the final take down.

I always thought it would be lovely to have a real nursery with a darling crib and a 'matchy-matchy' set-up. Nope. Not once. In fact, we never actually bought a crib - even with six kids! Our first was a hand-me-down from Aaron's older brother. Even after we learned the model had been recalled, we didn't have money for a new one.

Years ago, my parents bought an old crib at a garage sale to take up to their cabin. We temporarily stored it for them. That was several kids ago and they no longer own a cabin. I wonder if they want this crib back now?




The Big Boy Bed...

I scored a toddler bed set on clearance at Target for $20.

Finally something 'matchy-matchy'....

Transitioning from crib to bed can be tricky. We have one thing going for us. Quinn cannot open the doors yet. He does spend a fair amount of sleep time on the floor by the door. It's a work in progress.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Oooo!!! I need a lot of tips about transitioning. Like when? How? What is tricky?? Can't wait to pick your brain.

Malinda said...

His outfit even matches the sports theme. Bonus. :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations, Quinn. Good thing we practiced at Grandma's.