Because Jantzen's actual birthday fell on Sunday (fast Sunday and Aaron's church duties keep him most of the day), we celebrated it on Saturday. He woke up to find this awesome fish tank in his bedroom - with a note from his older brother,
"Happy Birthday! I love you! Tanner
p.s. I hope you like it!"
Next, it was time for Aaron to take Jantzen to breakfast - at JB's.
Later in the afternoon, the older kids enjoyed swimming at G-ma and G-pa M's above ground pool (forgot the camera).
We usually let the children choose their birthday treat. He was excited to pick these out at the store the day before.
Happy 9th Birthday!
Eating ice cream in the backyard on a hot summer afternoon - we LOVE summer!
We didn't bother wrapping this gift.
A little fishing with his Dad.
They were off to a rough start with the high-quality pole (NOT) and Aaron spent some energy untangling the line. They didn't get home until 11pm but it was a success!

Sunday afternoon the celebration continued at G-ma and G-pa's. A pocket knife and $5 from his G-parents along with the much anticipated long-sleeved Under Armor made this kids' day!
2 comments:
I love the candles in the ice cream! So cute to have siblings give heartfelt birthday gifts.
I should have commented sooner since I was going to say the same two things as Kaylynn. Oh well. Ditto to Kaylynn's comment. :)
BTW, did I ever tell you that you turned me into an ice cream snob? After hearing you Cyd talk about how much better the "good stuff" is, I tried it and have never looked back.
Post a Comment