We parked, walked a few blocks, found the perfect curb to sit on and waited all of five minutes for the parade to begin. There were probably over 10,000 people lining Main Street but there is still a 'small town' feel to most events around here.
Hard to get a decent picture with the sun 'in the way'.
Elsie waiting and anticipating.
We received a phone call the night before the parade from a friend of ours in a desperate situation. The truck driver enlisted to pull her float backed out at the late minute. It was Aaron and his truck to the rescue!
Tanner and Quinn rode in the cab with Aaron. I think Quinn received more waves and 'ooohs and aaahs' than the float itself. He totally loved riding with Dad and was a crowd-pleaser! Funny kid.
One group provided 'weapons' to select children to have them help soak an upcoming float. It was a water war of the best kind.
Jantzen and Anna

Red, White and Blue.
America - we love you!
Our amazing friends (Jon and Heather) host the annual Independence Day celebration for the neighborhood. Each year it seems to get bigger and better...
Quinn could have stayed in the buggy all night because he has a thing for horses.
Elsie, Brinley and Haley rode in the back.
Jantzen joined the next time around.
Kendall, Tanner and Jacob
Even the big boys played in this huge commercial bounce house - thanks to Kara's sister.
There were a variety of games for the children and everybody participated in something.
Wet sponges. Teenage boys. Parents soaked.
I stayed dry. Aaron, not so much.
The evening fireworks production was incredible! At least, that's what I was told.
I took Quinn and Elsie home for bed at 9pm but the party continued until 11pm. I did, however, taste the best kettle corn around - and worked on packing for our next adventure.
It's family reunion time!
1 comment:
I love the 4th of July. Sounds like you have an awesome neighborhood party!
Post a Comment