A few months ago we introduced "warm fuzzies" during an FHE lesson about communication. Seeking to improve the verbal bantering and lack of respect that occasionally occurs around here (he-he), we offered the ULTIMATE reward when/if the jars were filled to the top. It required a group effort because it was an all-or-nothing reward. Everyone needed a full jar in order to receive the prize. The children earned a 'fuzzy' for positive communication and lost a 'fuzzy' for talking back or speaking negatively about/to someone else.
Happy to report that we reached our goal - a day trip to LAGOON! Obviously, the real goal was to bring greater awareness to what comes out of our mouths. It's been a great 'exercise' for all of us to think more before we speak:)
The day began and ended with rain but we managed to stay dry until this ride! I opted to take pictures and let the others enjoy this ride - and the wet clothes. After eating lunch at a pavillion, Brinley decided to change into dry clothes but the others didn't mind 'air-drying'.
Our first ride was the white roller-coaster. Love that initial descent! We managed to cruise around from ride to ride and fit most of what we wanted to accomplish into the day. Didn't take a lot of pictures because the camera wasn't allowed on the fast and crazy rides - so we left it in the car. Tanner and Anna hooked up together as our adventurous thrill-seekers. Brinley was more selective and Jantzen decided he enjoyed the train ride and sky tram. We discovered the less movement = the better for him.
We stayed from open to close and have my sister/parents to thank for allowing us to pull this off. They took care of Elsie and Quinn so we could focus on the older four. I was grateful not to be part of the sea of strollers and tired toddlers!
Classic.
We laughed a lot and had a terrific time together. I chuckled at a comment Anna made to me - "Mom, I've never heard you laugh quite like that. It was so crazy!"
3 comments:
What a fun day! We are going to Lagoon tomorrow. I can't wait.
I am glad everyone got enough warm fuzzies. It is fun as our kids grow up to take them fun places like Lagoon. I am glad you laughed:)
I'm glad you all had a great time! Me too!
Post a Comment